Thursday 10 April 2014

Easter Parade -

There’s a saying, ‘Jack of All Trades and Master of None’. 

And when I look at the Easter Cards I’ve designed for my online stores, I wonder whether maybe that could apply to me! 

I’ve used no fewer than nine different mediums – though when trying to define my ‘signature style’, people told me that no matter what medium I used, they would always recognize my work - though nobody told me what it was that they recognized and maybe I'd rather not know!

I wonder whether that’s true of this hotchpotch of Easter Greeting Cards that I’ve made into a kind of ‘Easter Parade’ – or whether it really matters?


(of course there's also some digital input in the borders and lettering on all of these Easter Greeting Cards)



Watercolour






Gouache






Watercolour Pencils




Pen and Wash
(Ink and Watercolour)




Soft Pastels




Oil Pastels





Hand-painted Paper Collage





A mixture of Hand-painted and Digital





and finally - a Photograph



The trouble is, I get bored sticking to one medium and when there are so many to choose from, it seems such a waste not to try them all!

I don't think very many Easter Cards are sent in the UK - at least, I don't know anyone who sends them. But if you are looking for Easter cards to send, there's a good chance you'll find something you like in my Easter Parade of different styles!


Click
for more
EASTER CARDS
and
Easter Bunny Mugs

No comments: