Monday 23 April 2012

Topsy Turvy Seasons and Christmas in April!


No, I haven’t got the seasons mixed up, though our recent weather might well have caused some confusion, with very low night temperatures and forecasts of snow in May!

My new poinsettia design for the December birthday cards did, though, get me into the Christmas spirit, even though it's April, as it was easy to adapt the birthday design to make it Christmassy! From the search engine point of view, it’s a good thing to upload Christmas cards some months in advance so it’s nice to know that I have my new collage design for Christmas 2012 ready and more than 50 cards waiting to be uploaded!



I’ve never actually been very fond of poinsettias but I think collage was a good medium to choose and I ended up more enthusiastic about these designs than I expected to be!



Back to April and CardGnome have announced a promotion for Mother’s Day.

In the UK, Mother’s Day, or Mothering Sunday, has a slightly different provenance from that of the US 'holiday' and it's on the 4th Sunday in Lent, so it invariably occurs some time in March. That makes it feel very odd for me to be preparing Mother’s Day greeting cards in April! But CardGnome have asked for greeting cards for their Mother's Day promotion to be uploaded by the end of this week and that has been keeping me very busy.

I sold a lot of cards as a result of CardGnome’s Easter promotion so I decided it was worth ‘burning the midnight oil’ to get the Mother's Day cards I’ve made from my recent floral designs uploaded in time.

Here they all are, together with some I made earlier!



As a result, I haven’t got very far with this weekend’s new design!




Can you guess what sort of card this design will turn into?

.

4 comments:

jeanlivingsimple said...

It's turned very cool here as well Judy!
Nice designs! I love the poinsettia.

Hope the Blackbirds' second nest is a success. Birds don't give up.

Judy Adamson said...

Hi Jean - glad you like my poinsettia - it turned out better than I expected :)

The new nest is a lot bigger and so far so good. The overhang of the neighbour's roof protects it a little from these sudden, fierce hail showers we've been getting. They only last a few minutes but I shouldn't think they're what a nestling needs!

Crystal said...

You are designing some pretty cards lately. You really have a jump on the holidays. Wish I could be so diligent about it. :-)

Judy Adamson said...

Thank you, Crystal. I'm glad you like them :)

Re 'jumping on the holidays' you have to remember that this is the main thing I do these days, whereas you do all sort of wonderful things, your crafts and writing to name just a couple of them!!!