Monday 23 May 2011

My 'Flower Power' range - please help me choose?

Late last Thursday night I received a request, through Greeting Card Universe, to customise one of my collage name-specific cards. So while all the messy collage stuff was spread around my kitchen, I decided to do some more of the floral style collages, similar to the one I posted previously, as it has already done quite well!

Here it is as a square version without any text:


1.

 And here are the new ones:


2.










3.



4.

I've been wondering about submitting some of my designs to UK publishers for a while but thought it would be a shame to have to remove those designs from my online stores if I were to succeed. However, now that the tax situation on my sales through US companies has changed for the worse, I'm not so bothered about that and maybe it's time to screw up my courage and have a go!


I don't want to submit too many at once and I thought I'd try two of these new ones first. But I keep changing my mind about which two to send! So perhaps you can help me decide?

Which two of the above would you choose - if any! - if it were up to you?

(The publisher I have in mind doesn't take computer-generated designs and even the lettering has to be done by hand. I'm rubbish at lettering and the harder I try, the worse it gets! But they do take square designs and a great many of their cards don't have any text at all. So I thought I'd get around the lettering problem by making these designs square!)

8 comments:

Ulla Hennig said...

For me it is number 2!

SFCount said...

They're all lovely, but I absolutely adore number two. My other choice (though difficult) would probably be number one. :)

Di said...

I'm voting for 2 & 3. Looks like 2 is a shoe-in! Have to say it's a tough call as all I lovely.

Judy Adamson said...

Thank you all who have voted so far. I must say I'm amazed - #2 was my least favourite! But I know by now that other people often see things differently and I may have been influenced by the fact that it took a long time and by the end, I was beginning to feel it was over-fussy!

It's strange about collage. I don't enjoy doing it as much as using other mediums but I'm usually pleased with the result. Most of the blues, pinks and purples are tissue paper painted with gouache (as opposed to layout paper painted with acrylics) and it's terribly delicate to cut and handle. But it's worth it because at full size all the little nuances of colour changes show up far more than they do at the size I've posted them here.

DogBreedz - Pet Photography by Peggy Mundell said...

Judy, I have a feeling you and I get the same reaction when we look at #2 - the colors are lovely, but there is just *something ... I wish I could put my finger on it and form words, but I can't. It is a beautiful image, but I have to say my personal favorite is #1!

Judy Adamson said...

Hi Peggy - thanks for your comments and making your choice. I'm wondering whether the flowers are too crowded together for our taste in #2?

So far, #1 and #2 are level-pegging but things can still change! It's starting to remind me of the Eurovision Song Contest!!!

Crystal said...

The heart is my favorite, but they are all wonderful! :-)

Judy Adamson said...

Thank you, Crystal - a vote for the heart at last! I know it's the wrong time of year, but of course I had Valentine's cards in mind for that one but I don't think it needs to be restricted to that.