Thursday 24 March 2011

Traditionally Painted Easter Cards from Greeting Card Universe

Once again it's time to show off the work of Greeting Card Universe artists who use traditional methods of painting and drawing. 

Here are some lovely Easter Cards - Easter Bunnies and Easter Flowers predominate but I'm sure there's something here to suit everyone!  The card images are rather small so you will need to click on them to appreciate their beautiful work in full.



Watercolour and Coloured Pencils (the gingham is computer generated)



Acrylics and Oil Pastels

         

Watercolour

  


Watercolour
    


Coloured Pencils (computer generated frames)

                       



Carole Barkett
http://artist.greetingcarduniverse.com/countrymousestudio

Watercolour





Watercolour

      


Watercolour



Watercolour

   


Ink and Watercolour

                       


Watercolour on board

 



Watercolour

           



Artcor7
http://artist.greetingcarduniverse.com/Artcor7

Acrylics with digital borders

       

Susan Alison
http://artist.greetingcarduniverse.com/SusanAlisonArt

Watercolour



Cindy A Teresa
http://artist.greetingcarduniverse.com/cateresacardstore 

Acrylics 



Judy Adamson  

Ink and Watercolour

                    

The link to the artists' GCU stores are below their names and I'm sure you'll find a visit to their stores very worthwhile!

10 comments:

Crystal said...

These are all just beautiful cards! It gets me thinking Easter :-)

Anonymous said...

Great blog Judy! So many interesting articals I don't know where to start. You're handpainted designs are lovely. Thank you again,Cat

Di said...

Thanks Judy. I'm honored to have my card designs featured in this post. What a diverse and lovely assortment of Easter cards if I do say so myself. And they are all primarily hand done!

Kerra Icansketchu said...

What a delight to see these designs! Finding fine art cards is always a delight as I can imagine the process of creating it and all the hard work behind them. Very impressive to all featured here. Makes me itch to get that brush back in my hand. Cheers! -Kerra

Judy Adamson said...

Thank you, Crystal! Yes, Easter is approaching quite rapidly. In fact, with the lovely weather we're having over here, it almost feels as if it should be Easter already!

Judy Adamson said...

Hi Cindy - I'm glad you found some interesting articles to read! And thank you too for your lovely Easter card. Let's hope it brings you some sales!

Judy Adamson said...

Hi Di - I know I can always rely on you to provide some super designs for our round-up of GCU artists who use traditional methods - thank you! And yes, as always, the diversity of styles and subject matter always impresses me. Even though most are watercolour, they're all so different!

Judy Adamson said...

Hi Kerra - thank you for stopping by to comment! I also think there's something special about 'art cards' and hope you've picked up that brush by now! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Judi!
Fantastic composition! I love the way you sorted out the Easter Painted Cards. Thanks for featuring mine. I've already announced your Blog in my Facebook.
Leonilde

Judy Adamson said...

Thank you, Leonilde. I'm hoping we'll all get a boost to our sales as a result!