Sunday 26 September 2010

Smile on Sunday - another one from my fridge!

No comedy video clip this week, I'm afraid! Sorry to disappoint those of you who were coming to rely on it but my internet connection has been so slow/intermittent these past few days that trying to watch Youtube videos became so frustrating with all the buffering going on, that I gave it up as a bad job and hope that next week will be better! (Meanwhile, you might like to check out Jean's 'Funnies for Sunday')

Luckily, when I watched the long-winded announcement of the winner of the Labour Party Leader contest yesterday, in which Ed Miliband beat his older brother, David, by only just over 1% in the fourth round, it was only the picture that was affected and the sound was fine. Otherwise it would have been excruciating!!!

As I listened to Ed Miliband's acceptance speech and his plans to reunite the party and take on the 'Condem' coalition, it occurred to me that he might well need this little poem, which I typed out and stuck on the door of my fridge when I first moved into my present house and was faced with a far bigger refurbishment job than I had anticipated.



Somebody said it couldn't be done
But he, with a chuckle, replied
That maybe it couldn't, but he would be one
Who wouldn't say so till he'd tried.

So he buckled right in, with a trace of a grin
On his face. If he worried he hid it.
He started to sing as he tackled the thing
That couldn't be done, and he did it!


Edgar A Guest

I've referred to it often this year when beset by doubters and nay-sayers and hope that it might come at just the right moment for someone who is reading this too!


.

2 comments:

jeanlivingsimple said...

Judy,The poem is a keeper! I am going to copy it and hang it on my fridge. Don't you love accomplishing a goal when others tell you it isn't possible?

Thanks for the mention. I know how frustrating computer problems can be.

Have a great Sunday!

Carole Barkett said...

Love the poem it's very inspiring and I know about computer problems. Hope it gets better.