Wednesday 23 June 2010

Art is Child's Play

A BBC programme worth watching.....if you have time!

'The artist doesn't know what they're doing and the viewer doesn't know what they're looking at and somewhere between the two, something happens' - from last night's programme in the 'Imagine' series, presented by Alan Yentob.

'Art is Child's Play' 

If you find that the link doesn't work - I just got 'page not found' for some inexplicable reason as the link is correct! - click on the link to BBC programmes on that 'page doesn't exist' page, then choose 'I' and scroll down to 'Imagine', where you can watch the whole programme. It's certainly worthwhile!


'When we are no longer children, we are already dead'  - Constantin Brancusi (sculptor)

4 comments:

Ulla Hennig said...

Great quotations! Make me sorry not to be able to watch BBC - sigh!

Judy Adamson said...

Very sorry, Ulla! I assumed the link would take you to the programme.

Carole Barkett said...

Amen to that, I bet we all know people like that.
As soon as I look at art as a business, I lose my creativity.

Judy Adamson said...

Perhaps we should 'play shopkeepers' as I'm sure many of us did as children? :-)